Thursday, August 16, 2007

Monstee's mini-sagas

The Mini-saga am original story that am exactly fifty words long, excluding the title. They was invented by author Brian Aldiss and me first hear about them here. Me have collected all me have ever posted here for you to parooze. Enjoy.

God's Wrath

"Armageddon!" he gurgled, on his knees vomiting blood.
Green bile streamed from his ears.
Ten feet away a young woman exploded sending bits of flesh, bone and gore flying.
A small boy doubled over and projected gallons of fecal matter everywhere.
I couldn't believe this. These were my new shoes!

Stray Cat

Mother watched daughter lovingly though the kitchen window.
The girl shuffled along and waited, allowing the tabby to get closer.
When the cat paused for too long, the girl offered an invisible treat.
They entered the kitchen together and gazed into mother's eyes longingly.
'Mommy,' she said. 'I gots dinner.'

Father Christmas

He rested his bag between tree and chimney, took a cookie, and quietly walked to the boy's room.
Finishing the treat, he smiled at the sleeping child.
This was a good boy.
He would say nothing.
The reindeer and deliveries could wait.
He dropped his pants and climbed into bed.

Above appeared here.

One up

They had been at it for years.
First one, the other, then back again.
It was a simple thing. Just fifty words, excluding the title.
"Monstee?" He said. "I have three more."
The old man handed the paper over.
The gray-blue thing took the paper and read.
"Dang you Footeater."

The Question

I spotted him standing there on the other side of the road.
As he crossed, I went to ask him directly.
He quickly dashed away from me and left the question unasked.
He looked me in the eye and left;
all the while pecking at stones and fluffing his feathers.

Love Lost

She knew the marriage was over before he did.
They never talked anymore or did things together like they use to.
And those few times when they did make love, there was no enthusiasm.
He became uncomfortable and she became frigid.
Like they once said, "Till death do us part."

Above appeared here

It should have been me.

My best friend, tortured.
And I was forced to watch.
First he was almost drowned.
Then spun in the dark for sensory depravation.
Finally he was locked in the hot box and endured one of the worst beatings I ever heard.
"Five minuets," mum said. "Then teddy will be dry"

Tally HO!

Finishing the mark, he scanned the total.
His shaking hand touched each gouge, each carve into the wood, each crossmark of five.
"So many," he whispered.
His hand shook even harder reaching the top.
Carved there was one word. 'Glarkings.'
Foot Eater closed his eyes. "Why always me?" he wept.

The mood

Running my fingers through her hair, I held her head.
She closed her eyes, moving against me.
Rubbing my thumb over her ear, I progressed down to her shoulder and beyond.
She inhaled deeply.
I continued to her hip and down her shapely leg.
Then she bit me.
Damn cat.


Above appeared here

Vengence Served

They said I was foolish for taking this job after the way he destroyed my father's name.
Yet here I was, his personal chef.
"Truly excellent, " he said, wiping gravy from his fat jowls.
"What do you call that dish?"
"I don't know," I said. "What WAS your baby's name?"

Goosbumps

The doctor had just discovered alien life. It made my skin crawl.
"The tests are positive," he said. "The bacteria's extraterrestrial. You've been massively infected."
He looked at me with terror. My skin continued crawling.
He screamed as it engulfed him. I was sweating blood.
Then his skin crawled too.

The last 60 seconds

Life was over and he was just waiting for the crash.
Adrenaline raced through his chest, guts and groin.
He sat, silently gripping the arms of the chair with white knuckles.
He looked up at her with a stifled scream.
"Time's up," she said. "The test say's I'm not pregnant."

Above appeared here

1 Comments:

Blogger SafeTinspector said...

There was a brief moment I enjoyed them. Than I grew jealous. But after that I was hungry and ate something.
Now I like them again, and I can only attribute this to satiation.

Good things to read, Monstee.

Mon Aug 20, 03:18:00 AM 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home